FI School Lesson 14: Personal growth
Take a look at the big names in our FI community, and you’ll notice something they all have in common—they’re constantly learning and improving. Personal growth plays a huge role in the FI journey, and can contribute to your success in indirect but powerful ways.
- 038: Why You’re Not as Busy as You Think, with Laura Vanderkam
- 040: The Power of Habit Formation, with Gretchen Rubin
- 042: The Incredible Value of Deep Work, Instead of Distraction, with Cal Newport (While this podcast focuses on how employees can apply deep work, the info can be applied to entrepreneurship and personal projects.)
- 168 Hours by Laura Vanderkam
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn and Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney
- Introvert Power by Laurie A. Helgoe
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach
- Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn
Disclosure: The book recommendations above include Amazon links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases—at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products which I truly believe in. (But I’d suggest doing the frugal thing and borrowing the books from your library!)
Ask away in the comments—I’m happy to help!
Support this blog
If you liked this article and want more content like this, please support this blog by sharing it! Not only does it help spread the FIRE, but it lets me know what content you find most useful. (Which encourages me to write more of it!)
You can also support this blog by visiting my recommendations page and purchasing through the links. Note that not every link is an affiliate link—some are just favourite products and services that I want to share. 🙂
As always, however you show your support for this blog—THANK YOU!